That’s why it’s a great option for a summer cocktail, at a time when it’s really important to stay hydrated, whether working out or not. This week, Rachel uses the delicious summer fruit in a mojito recipe, mixed with honey for a natural sweetness instead of white sugar you’ll typically find in a drink at the bar. Adding lime juice, mint and lime seltzer gives it even more flavor—plus the white rum, of course.
∙ 1 cup watermelon cubed
∙ 1/4 cup lime juice
∙ 1.5 tbsp honey
∙ 3 oz white rum
∙ 1 tbsp mint leaves
∙ 2 cups lime seltzer
1. In a blender puree watermelon, lime juice and honey.
2. Muddle fresh mint into the pureed mixture. (Do not puree mint!)
3. In a cocktail shaker combine watermelon puree, mint leaves, and rum. Shake!
4. Prepare 2 glasses filled with ice.
5. Evenly distribute watermelon and rum mixture in the glasses and top with seltzer or club soda.
6. Garnish with lime slices + mint.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Watch the full tutorial below:
Wanting even more healthy recipes and nutrition tips? Head on over to the P.volve YouTube channel!