For most, the concept of working out while traveling is daunting and very much an either-or situation, but that’s because their preconceptions of what it means to fit in a workout on the road is too fixed! Trust me, whether you’re headed off for some skiing in the mountains this winter or hitting the beach to replenish that vitamin D, there’s no reason you can’t have your cake and eat it too (so to speak).
First, get rid of the idea that a workout has to be long and sweaty and in a gym with tons of fancy heavy equipment. All you need is 15-30 minutes, some space to move around, your own bodyweight and maybe some travel-friendly equipment, and you’re good to go. You don’t even need wi-fi as you can download the workouts in the P.volve app! What’s great about P.volve is that pretty much all the equipment I use in my workouts, with the exception of maybe the hand weights, are incredibly easy to take on the go—even the P.ball can be deflated and repumped upon arrival!
Below is my list of go-to travel equipment:
- P.band – the best tool for sculpting your arms pre-surf or pre-slope!
- Light ankle band—targets every angle of the thighs and glutes
- Gliders—hit these on the mat for the fastest total body workout (can also use small towels!)
While having these with you will enhance your workouts, you can certainly do any P.volve video without equipment as well! The only caveats are some of the P.ball moves (but like I said, it can be deflated to pack nice and flat!)
If you’ve been with me for a while, you’ll know that one of the foundational pillars of the P.volve method is efficiency. So while you can hit an express workout and still get great results, the key is keeping focused, engaged and really honing in on the mind-body connection. Remember the old adage “quality over quantity”? It’s not about the length of the workout but about what you put into it.
Below I’ve listed out my top 10 travel workout videos. So find some space, rearrange some furniture and let’s get to it!
- Tighten Up With No Equipment - A great no-equipment video to work the total body from head to toe.
- 20 min Sculpted Arms & Abs - P.band & gliders are all you need to tighten the arms and define your abs in my favorite pre-beach workout.
- It’s Cold, Let’s Stretch - a great video that mixes in total body stretching, leg and ab work. Using the light ankle band will work your thighs and lower glute muscles, and watch out for some killer core work thrown in.
- Smile Express – For a focused lower butt lift series, look no further.
- Express series Butt: Day 2 – If you’ve got the P.ball, go ahead and hit this whole series. If not, days 2-4 provide plenty burn to keep that booty sculpted and lifted.
- Express Series Butt: Day 3
- Express Series Butt: Day 4
- Body On Fire with the P.band – This total body workout with the P.band hits everything, from standing to mat, triceps to inner thighs.
- Keep it Pumpin - Even though heavy ankle weights are used in the workout, this is a favorite to do without any equipment, just make sure to really go through the motions slowly and engage your muscles.
- Oh Those Abs – You will be working your abs from beginning to end with my favorite tool the gliders.
Lastly, always make sure to hit a more “stretching” focused video right off the plane, train, or road trip to get the blood flowing.
More importantly, no matter where you are this holiday, don’t forget to relax and enjoy yourself. I hope these tips and workouts help keep you on track and take the stress out of travel, but there’s no harm in also taking some time to rest up! Check out this post for why rest days are so important, then check out this post for more tips on staying accountable while you travel!
Enjoy your holiday and get ready for next year, as we have lots of new amazing surprises in store for our P.volve community!
New to the P.volve community? Head on over to the P.volve Streamers Facebook Group to share successes, ask questions, and get exclusive first-to-know access to all the newness for 2019!
PS- Did you know we have a college student discount on streaming?