We already talked about how you can stay healthy at BBQs this season, and now we’re tackling the next dilemma: what side dish to bring. Summer sides are known for being carb and sodium-heavy, but in reality they can be just as flavorful with much healthier ingredients. The best sides use produce right from the farmers market and offer a freshness to the other dishes on the table—just like the recipe below.
This week, RK is showing us how to make the easiest summer salad that uses strawberries, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and herbs. Every ingredient is simply mixed up in a bowl and left to in the dressing, letting all the flavors marry together. It’s an unbeatable sweet-savory combo, and even better that it's one that can be made in 2-minutes or less. That means it can be made ahead of time before a party, or just before heading out the door to a last minute get together! Check out the full recipe ahead.
Strawberry Avocado Summer Salad
For the salad
• 1 lb fresh organic strawberries
• 1 large ripe avocado
• 1 container cherry tomatoes
• 1/3 cup fresh basil
• 1/3 cup fresh mint
• 1 tbsp hemp seed
For the dressing
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
• 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
1. Slice strawberries and avocado; halve tomatoes and place into bowl.
2. Slice herbs finely and place on top of salad with hemp seeds.
3. Whisk dressing in separate bowl and pour over salad before serving.
4. Gently toss all ingredients and enjoy!
Watch the full tutorial below.
Wanting even more healthy recipes and nutrition tips? Head on over to the P.volve YouTube Channel!