This Easy Lemon Herb Chicken Will Be Your New Staple Dish
Today we’re sharing one of our weekly favorites! Leaving little to no mess, this juicy lemon chicken recipe is definitely a staple in our kitchen. Inspired by the simplicity of Mediterranean recipes, this easy dish is delicious right off the stove but also perfect for leftovers and in other recipes like salads and wraps. We love making a bigger batch all at once to use for lunches and dinners the following days.
Chicken is a great source of lean protein and energy for the body, but make sure to look for chicken that is organic, raised hormone-free and antibiotic-free.
The key to keeping this recipe easy and mess-less is to marinate in a large ziplock bag overnight. You can still make this recipe the same day, allowing at least 3-4 hours to marinate, but we find that letting the chicken marinate overnight gives it a much juicier texture and boasts more flavor.
Using herbs like thyme, sage and rosemary is my favorite way to add flavor without any sauces or unwanted sodium. I use herbs daily, so I always keep them fresh in my fridge, but you can also use dried herbs if that is what you have on hand. Whichever you use, make sure you finely (carefully!) chop the herbs up as much as you can to really disperse the flavor as everything marinates.
Lemon Herb Chicken
- 2-3 chicken breasts (organic, antibiotic-free and hormone-free)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (provides Vitamin C & A)
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage (good for digestion)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (good source of iron, calcium, and vitamin B6)
- Juice of 1 lemon (digestive and detoxifying agent)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (source of healthy fats)
- black pepper
- Rinse chicken and place into a bowl.
- Add thyme, sage, black pepper, 1 tablespoon olive oil, juice of 1 lemon and mix
- Marinate overnight or at least 3-4 hours
- Cook chicken in a pan on a low simmer for 30 minutes covered with a lid.