P.volve is centered around one of the biggest, strongest muscles in our body. I’m sure by now you could quickly guess which one I’m referring to… If not, any one of our streaming videos will make it quite obvious!
The glute—or, as my P.squad has been calling it since day one, the “peach”-- is what takes the body through every motion from walking to running, reaching to jumping; basically all the movements we go through in everyday life. If the glutes aren’t strong and active, they can start to cause serious problems such as back pain, overactive hamstrings and quad-dominance, and can ultimately lead to serious injury.
With all that said, and August being National Peach Month, it is no wonder why we here at P.volve take it very seriously! It also just so happens that peaches are one of my favorite fruits. The town where I grew up was full of peach farms and my childhood was spent scavenging through the fields with an empty backpack, filling it up with ripe peaches until I couldn’t zip it closed.
Peaches are an amazing source of vitamins, minerals such as magnesium and zinc (to name a few) and are low in calories. You can eat them at all meals-- for breakfast on their own, on salads for lunch, or as a grilled dinner side dish for a summer BBQ. Here are some of my favorite peach recipes to help get you started!
Try enjoying this delicious fruit in a blended combo with some other nourishing fruits and veggies for major health benefits. I love making this on a hot summer day when I know all of these ingredients are ripe, in season and loaded with their maximum nutrients.
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 fresh peach pitted and chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 chunk of chopped fresh ginger (optional if you like a kick!)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (optional if you like it sweet!)
- Place all ingredients into a blender, blend & enjoy!
Salads with fresh fruit are one of my favorite things about summer time, as they are super light, refreshing, and a great way to spruce up a bowl of veggies for anyone who doesn’t consider themselves much of a salad person. This particular recipe would be great with grilled chicken on the side, and you could even grill the peaches before mixing the salad together.
- 2 handfuls of arugula or whatever lettuce base you like
- 1 peach
- 1 plum
- 1 tablespoon hempseeds
- 4 leaves basil
- ¼ avocado
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon raw honey (optional if you like sweet!)
- Chop all ingredients, place into a bowl, mix & enjoy!
What better way to keep cool in arguably the most humid time of year than by sipping on a cool peach beverage? This particular concoction is delicious—and healthy—with or without the booze, so feel free to make a large batch for the whole family! Check out the peach cocktail here!
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- ¼ – ½ cup filtered water
- ½ tsp fresh minced ginger
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 bottle ginger kombucha
- 1 cup sparkling mineral H2O or club soda
- Ice cubes
- (Optional) Add one of the following...
- 1 ounce clear liquor of your choice (i.e. vodka or gin)
- A splash or two of sparkling wine, rose, or even champagne
- Add frozen peaches, filtered water, honey, and fresh minced ginger to high-speed blender and puree.
- Fill each glass with about ½ to 1 inch of frozen ginger peach puree, top with equal parts kombucha and sparkling H2O (option to omit either the H2O or kombucha and use all one filler liquid if you prefer), and add a few ice cubes.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves, sliced peaches, and/or a piece of candied ginger speared with a wooden toothpick.
This peach-dedicated blog wouldn’t be complete without a dessert recipe, and this one is sure to please! And to be honest, you can enjoy this dairy-free, gluten-free, guilt-free sorbet any time of day.
- 5 medium-size ripe peaches (approx. 4 cups) or frozen peaches
- 2 tablespoons raw honey*
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk or ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 table spoon fresh chopped mint
- If using fresh peaches, make sure to freeze first. De-thaw then transfer all ingredients into a blend. Freeze for at least 4 hours before you enjoy!
Tell us how you're celebrating national peach month in the comments below-- and show us on instagram!
Post by Stephen PasterinoHi, I'm P, founder of P.volve. I'm passionate about fitness, wellness, and all of the healthy lifestyle choices in between. Get more out of your workouts by staying up to date with our Blog, where I share all of my fitness secrets.
You may also like
Join the p.squad community
Sign up to get fitness tips, tricks and motivations right in your inbox every week.